Every gathering has the potential to build greater community and have great impact. For purposes of this paragraph, we define convening as a gathering of people for a common purpose. Ideally, a convening would consist of a target population of fewer than 40 people.
An excellent source for an effective convening is the publication: Gather: The Art and Science of Effective Convening.
In planning a convening, consider:
- Whether or not to host a convening (is the purpose clear? Is the timing right?);
- Clear purpose for the convening that shapes all other decisions;
- Building an effective team;
- Do you want to develop an experience; and
- How do you ensure follow through for impact?
For more information, click the following hyperlink: “Gather. The Art and Science of Effective Convening”